United States of America
STEP 1: Brand Registration
Fee: 4 EUR
Info needed (all info must be provided):
What type of legal form is the organization?
- Private profit
- Public profit
- Sole proprietor
Legal Company name
DBA or Brand name
Alternate business ID (optional)
Alternate business ID type (optional)
- Agriculture businesses and services
- Communication and mass media
- Construction and materials
- Educational institutions providing education to students
- Energy and Utilities
- Entertainment, including gaming and dating services
- Banking and financial institution
- Gambling and lotteries
- Local, state or federal agencies, utilities
- Healthcare services, including hospital, health insurances
- Travel, hospitality and transportation
- Human resources, staffing, or recruitment
- Insurance products and services
- Legal services and law firms
- Goods producing industries
- Non-profit organization with valid tax-exempted status
- Political campaigns and services
- Postal and delivery services
- Professional servicess
- Buying and Selling of residential and commercial properties
- Consumer products and services, including Retails and eTails
- Information technology and information services
- Transportation or logistics services
Country of registration
STEP 2: BRAND VETTING
Vetting is a background check processed by an independent company. When you create a brand, your entity will be assigned a limitation of throughput per second / minute / day for the number of messages you can send to your customers. The brand verification allows your brand to create low volume mixed campaigns. Sole Proprietor brands cannot go through vetting, except in the special use case of a political campaign which will require a political vetting.
Cost of the external vetting
Applying for external vetting is a review of your application by an external company. The Campaign Registry directly works with a set of vetting companies approved for 10DLC.
|Vetting Agency||Vetting class||Vetting cost|
|WMC (US Based private & public for profit entities only)||Standard||$40|
|Campaign Verify (CV)||Political||$95|
Note: The political & enhanced vets are not currently available. We are working to implement them as soon as possible
If you are migrating from a different provider, and your older provider shared your vetting details, you can import existing vets into your newly created 10DLC brands.
STEP 3: CAMPAIGN REGISTRATION
US carriers are implementing new requirements for A2P (application to person) messaging using 10 Digits Long Codes, also known as 10 DLC. The regulation is required for anyone using an application or API to send SMS traffic from a US/CA number (+1 country code LVN) into the US network.
This registration is centralised by The Campaign Registry (TCR), an organisation entrusted by the major US carriers to carry out the task.
Note the following information related to campaigns:
- Messages sent through 10DLC campaigns must adhere to the use case of that campaign
- Resellers are required to create Brands & Campaigns for each of their customers*
- Numbers cannot be shared across brands or campaigns (shared short-codes are deprecated)
Campaigns allow carriers to determine the purpose of the messages originating from the numbers assigned to that campaign. Campaigns have a minimum duration of three months. They do not expire until cancelled, and are billed monthly after the first three months. The TCR does not allow for refunds, so when cancelling a campaign, we will keep it active until the end of the period already paid. Campaign applications are sent to all US carriers for approval (which can take up to 7 days).
STANDARD USE CASES:
- 2 FA – 30 EUR, Two-Factor authentication, one-time use password, password reset
- Customer care – 30 EUR, All customer care messaging, including account management and support
- Fraud Alert Messaging – 30 EUR, Fraud alert notification
- Low Volume Mixed – 6 EUR, Low throughput, any combination of use-cases. Examples include test, demo accounts
- Marketing – 30 EUR, Any communication with marketing and/or promotional content
- Polling and voting – 30 EUR, Polling and voting
- Security Alert – 30 EUR, A notification that the security of a system, either software or hardware, has been compromised in some way and there is an action you need to take
- Account notification – 30 EUR, All reminders, alerts, and notifications. (Examples include flight delayed, hotel booked, appointment reminders.)
- Delivery notification – 30 EUR, Information about the status of the delivery of a product or service
- Higher Education – 30 EUR, For campaigns created on behalf of Colleges or Universities and will also include School Districts etc that fall outside of any (free to the consumer) "messaging model"
- Machine to Machine – 0 EUR, Machine to machine is a process that implies wireless communication between two or more physical assets. There is no human interaction in the Machine to Machine campaign. Subscriber-facing campaigns are prohibited
- Mixed – 30 EUR, Mixed messaging reserved for specific consumer service industry
- Public service Announcements – 30 EUR, An informational message that is meant to raise the audience's awareness about an important issue
SPECIAL USE CASES:
- Agents and Franchises – 90 EUR, For brands that have multiple agents, franchises or offices in the same brand vertical, but require individual localised numbers per agent/location/office. Final fees are under review
- Charity – 15 EUR, Includes 5013C Charity. Does not include Religious organizations
- K-12 Education, Campaigns created for messaging platforms that support schools from grades K - 12 and distance learning centers. This is not for Post-Secondary schools. This use case requires approval from at least 1 MNO.
- PROXY - Peer-to-peer app-based group messaging with proxy/pooled numbers (For example: GroupMe) Supporting personalized services and non-exposure of personal numbers for enterprise or A2P communications. (Examples include: Uber and AirBnb.)
- Sole proprietor – 2.25 EUR,
- Carrier Exemptions – 30 EUR
- Emergency – 15 EUR, Notification services designed to support public safety / health during natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemics and other national or regional emergencies
- Political – 30 EUR, Part of organized effort to influence decision making of specific group. All campaigns to be verified
- Social – 30 EUR, Communication within or between closed communities (For example influencers' alerts)
- Sweepstake – 30 EUR
Sample messages - Provide up to five examples of the messaging this campaign will send.
Campaign and content attributes - Select the ones that apply and provide the example of the message.
- Subscriber Opt-In - You're collecting and processing consumer opt-ins. Opt-In Sample message is mandatory if the subscriber opted in via SMS.
- Subscriber Opt-Out: You're collecting and processing consumer opt-outs.
- Subscriber Help - You have implemented message reply providing customers on how they can contact the messenger sender after they reply with 'HELP' keyword.
- Direct Lending or Loan Arrangement - Will this campaign include content related to direct lending or other loan arrangements?
- Age-Gated Content - Will this campaign include any age-gated content as defined by the Carrier and CTIA guides?
- Number Pooling - Indicates whether more than 50 numbers will be used for this campaign.
- Embedded Phone Number - Are you using an embedded phone number (except the required HELP information contact number)?
- Embedded Link - Are you using an embedded link of any kind? Note that public URL shorteners (bit.ly, tinyurl) are not accepted.
Subscriber Information and Message Content
Each campaign registered for 10DLC requires a full Brand and Campaign use case analysis in order to determine registration approval. There may be additional data and message content types that will require additional approvals, like embedded links within the message content. Subscriber management is another key area which will see more requirements from carriers.
STEP 4: Hiring a VLN number
Fee: 5 EUR monthly