Zapier BulkGate integration
This document will guide you through Zapier Zap creation
1. Zap creation
The main purpose of Zapier is to connect apps in order to complete a particular task. Such connection is called Zap. After accepting invitation you will be send to the Zapier site where you will click the "Make Zap" button.
2. Choosing Zap trigger
Every Zap needs an app that will activate the rest of the apps included in a Zap. Because BulkGate integration does not contain any triggers, we need to choose any other app that will work as a starting point of our Zap. In our example we are going to use the integration of Gmail.
- Choosing trigger
In our example we are going to create a Zap that will be activated every time we receive an email on a particular email address. Every trigger, or action requires set of parameters to function properly. "New email" trigger requires connection to an email account and inbox.
- Testing Every trigger/action requires test of functionality. Without such test it's not possible to propagate data to the next step. Test works as follows. Zapier will check the specified inbox to test its availability. Content of returned message will be available for propagation to the next step.
3. BulkGate integration
Now that we have trigger set up, we will connect BulkGate integration. Our example is as follows. After receiveing an email an SMS notification will be send to a specified phone number.
- We choose BulkGate as a second step app.
- We choose Send Transactional SMS action.
- We need to specify authentication information (Application ID, Application Token). To aquire such information visit BulkGate Api setup guide.
- We will insert input parameters required to send transactional SMS.
For additional information concerning of input parameters visit BulkGate API documentation.
- Now we can test functionality of the seconds step of our Zap, which means sending a test SMS based on said parameters.
- Delivery report Our Zap now functions as follows. If we receive an email, notification SMS will be send out. We will then expand the functionality by receiveing a delivery report by clicking the "Add step" button and choose BulkGate app with "Get delivery report" action.
This action also requires authorization information (Application ID, Application Token), but additionaly it needs SMS ID passed down from second step. Now we test this step by receiving a delivery report from SMS send in previous step.
Zap is now complete and we can name it as needed. After activation, Zapier will check email inbox every 15 minutes. If Zap cannot be activated, it is because every Zap including more than two steps needs a premium/trial account to work.